Matt Wise;461907 Wrote:
> Can you be a bit more clear about your issues?

I meant the controller as a player has always been pretty flaky for me.
It's frequently slow to respond, randomly looses connection under heavy
usage, the output doesn't switch correctly (I know there's a plugin for
that now) and the cover art randomly stops working. The icing on the
cake is it looks like it will never sync correctly which makes it
basically half a player in my book.

In my opinion the controller was never able to overcome its hardware
limitations. The cpu is too weak to give a really fluid experience, but
it uses enough power that the power saving really becomes obtrusive. I
just hope Logitech upholds its tradition of supporting and continuing to
support and enhance older players.

For my usage as a slightly enhanced controller which is easier to do
extended searches from and ersatz color screen unit (it's docked 99% of
the time) its OK. My other big disappointment was the lack of
screensavers, but 7.4 should fix that.

My receivers have been flawless, for their limited functionality, but I
can't see someone shelling out $300+ for the duet when the new devices
are so much cheaper.

--
sander