bluegaspode;465641 Wrote:

> All other people that come here (some properly complaining and also
> many using the wrong words) were 'forced' to an update.
> - their controller asked them to do so and if they didn't it asked them
> later again and they didn't know why
> - their boom just upgraded automatically when they surfed to a certain
> menu
> - ...

That only happens if you use SN. I'm still running 7.3.3 on my main
system (and 7.4 on the test server) and none of my controllers (or
Booms) have asked for an update. They would if I switched to SN, but I
don't (as I don't need to). The reality is you do have to upgrade SC to
7.4 if you're using a Radio, and it makes sense to if you regularly
switch between SC and SN (as otherwise you'll be upping and downing the
fw all day). So yes there are people who will have been prompted for an
update, and I assume the majority of them are fine (as I've been running
7.4 fine in test for ages), but it does suck when you're one of the
unlucky ones. It's certainly not everyone though.

Speaking as a 7.4 tester, stuff obviously got through the cracks, we'll
try better next time :)

--
radish

'HELP ME RAISE MONEY FOR CHILDREN'S CANCER RESEARCH!'
(HTTP://WWW.ADAMREEVE.COM/24IN24/)
http://www.last.fm/user/polymeric