Homeplug works fine for me - excellently, in fact - for everything,
and especially for streaming music The wiring in this place is truly
appalling, but there have been no problems, issues or even hitches. No
drop-outs, no break-ups - unlike my old wireless and even
(occasionally) my old ethernet bridging set-ups - and absolutely no
degrading of sound quality. This is streaming mainly AIFF, with some
ALAC, using 200Mb plugs including the top item on this page:

<http://www.homeplugs.co.uk/acatalog/Vesenet_HomePlugs.html>

I'd not now go back to wireless now unless I returned to running SC on
an untethered laptop, or was using an SB on long extension cable. Just
now, though, if it weren't for iPeng, I'd be switching off the
wireless network altogether.