I have two SB3's that I often sync.  One stays hooked to my stereo,
while the other feeds into a pair of AE5's that I move around.  The
second one often takes several minutes to come on after I plug it in.
The screen is just black for several minutes (up to 10), and then it
decides to come on, hook into the network and sync to the other SB.
Both of these SB's are at a vacation home, so they often are unplugged
for weeks at a time.  This doesn't seem to bother the one that stays
hooked to the stereo, however.  Since it is plugged into the stereo's
power outlet perhaps it is never completely without a power supply.  It
still doesn't seem right that the other SB3 does not power up
immediately.

--
Kyle