MrSinatra;486218 Wrote:
> it was dramatic for me.  how many files do you guys have?  i think the
> effect is linear based on the more you have, the more potent the effect.
That would be straightforward to test. Divide your library up into
increasingly large subsets, whether through temporarily re-arranging the
folder structure or other means. Then simply compare the responsiveness
with different MySQL settings on each subset, being sure to clear the
broswer cache in between. To be conclusive it would really help to have
some way to quantify what it is you're trying to measure, rather than
subjective assessments.

--
aubuti