toby10;495204 Wrote:
> The nice thing about the Touch and SB3 is their light, small form factor
> (thin client design).  So light in fact, that like you I was limited on
> AV rack space for my SB3, so I created a "floating" SB3 taking up no
> space on the AV rack shelves.  Using just a wire hanger and a flat black
> piece of rubber tubing my SB3 is "floating" centered above the top shelf
> AV devices.
Nice idea. :) I would have to put it -way- above the top shelf though,
or otherwise I would no longer be able to open the lid of my record
player (which I still use since I've only ripped a small fraction of my
LPs to disk yet).

Wasn't there a rumour about a wall mount for the Touch?

aubuti;495226 Wrote:
> I disagree that pixel resolution is irrelevant. You know the point isn't
> to see the individual pixels. Packing the pixels tighter on the SBT
> means you can make equally legible text in less horizontal space.
Which means you are essentially using the higher resolution to create a
smaller font. But if you want sufficiently big text (of the same
physical size on both devices) and read that from the distance, it makes
no difference whether that font is made of 24 or 32 pixels.

aubuti;495226 Wrote:
> Here's the NP screen with only text, no album art, side by side with a
> Classic. When I get a chance, I'll do another one using a track with a
> longer title, so you can judge better the amount of truncation on the
> SBT. http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=492388#post492388
Great, thanks. I see you have the track time in the bottom row which
uses up some space. If you move that to the top row like I have and use
the entire bottom row for the title, according to the photo I'd guess
that you can show a text that is more than twice as long on the Classic,
while there is only room for about 50% more on the Touch. But I admit
that it does not look as bad as I expected.

As you mention truncation, is it possible to turn scrolling off and
simply truncate the text, or will it inevitably scroll everything that
doesn't fit? I could live with truncation, I just hate text that is
scrolling all the time.

--
usch