I'll give that a try, that is, removing the SBS copy of cygwin1.dll in
favor of the standard cygwin install version.

There are conflicts that occur if one version is the old 1.5 variant
and you have moved forward to 1.7, which is true if you are running
Windows 7 since 1.5 was not supported on windows 7. Hopefully (for me)
SBS is running the latest version of the DLL, or at least not taking
advantage of non-compatible features.

I plan to spend part of the New Year weekend sorting out these issues
as well as getting 'wake on lan' working. (that is a separate topic :-)

--
wobbly