apn;500611 Wrote:

> If you only have 2 SATA connectors, then serious RAID is out of the
> question, and you're stuck w/ mirroring, which constrains your growth
> options. Are you guys not building redundancy into your libraries? I'd
> hate to lose a disk and have to rebuild a library.

RAID is not backup.

It is 'high availability' or 'faster'... but not backup.

If your machine decides that it doesn't want to run 12V to the drives,
but instead thinks 24V or something else would be more fun... you will
lose everything, even RAIDed.

Cheap backup: external drive(s) that are powered down and taken
offsite.

--
snarlydwarf