Rufus;505555 Wrote:
> My Boom uses the "Album Artist" field on my mp3s to sort the artists.
> How can I change it to use the "Artist" field instead?
>
> My server (version 7.4) is connected to iTunes, on Mac Snow Leopard.

afaik you can't, sort of...  its a ridiculous limitation of SBS
software.

if SBS scans in an AA tag, it'll sort by that, period.  no dynamic
ability to sort, browse, etc, differently on the fly.

now, if you use TPE2 for AA tags, you can tell it to treat TPE2 as a
band tag, not an AA tag.  this will require a full clear and rescan and
mean you need to turn off itunes integration if you use that.  p.i.t.a.

want to browse by AA again?  same thing in reverse.  p.i.t.a.

--
MrSinatra

www.lion-radio.org
using:
sb2 & sbc (my home) / sbr (parent's home) - sbs 7.5b - win xp pro sp3
ie8 - p4(ht) 3.2ghz / 2gig ram - 1tb wd usb2 raid1 - d-link dir-655 -
35k mp3