results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73698
Question: Is third party plugins/applets important for your Squeezebox
purchases ?

- I won't buy any more Squeezebox products unless support for third
  party development is prioritized
- I won't buy any more Squeezebox products unless the third party
  plugins I rely on is supported
- I use third party plugins but I would still consider buying more
  Squeezebox products without them
- I don't use third party plugins so they aren't important to my
  Squeezebox purchases

amcluesent;507076 Wrote:
> If the Logitech bean-counters withdraw support for plugins and fail to
> produce a successor to the TP, I'll certainly jump over to Naim or Linn.

I think you better start saving your money for Naim/Linn gear for I
personally feel that it is very unlikely that we will not see a
Transporter II now that Logitech is in full control and Dean and Sean
are both gone. Logitech is in the consumer masses electronic gear
business not the high end limited production limited market segment.

Does this mean a cheap product, no it doesn't (just look at the Touch).
But I think it does mean products that will be easier to use, more
consumer friendly, more widely sold with much higher production run
numbers.

Logitech brings a bunch of advantages to the table, but at the same
time, some things must go to blend in with their overall business model.
I personally feel Transporter and the possibility of a TP II are one of
the things that will be going.

Just my opinion and hope I am wrong. And hey the SB+ is still for sell.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Mains, VCC-5 Reference
Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope
2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Second Boom