simon72post;482471 Wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have just got a new android phone and have been trying to figur out
> how to stream music to it from squeezecenter.
>
> the way I have found that works is to install Droidlive from the
> market.
> hold down the favorite button until you can enter a url enter.
> "http://yourserveripaddress:9000/stream.mp3"; as per the squeezecentre
> instructions.
> and it work.
>
> there are also some very good apps to control squeezecentre from the
> android phone.

That's also the only solution that I know of right now. :-/

Play the music from the mentioned stream (http://../stream.mp3) and
control it with a good remote control app from your android mobile.

This will probably not work if your SqueezeBoxServer resides on a NAS,
because it's too slow to transcode your music to MP3, but works pretty
good on "normal" PCs.

I also thought about implementing such a feature directly in
SqueezeCommander, but that's not so easy (unless I would use the
stream.mp3 with the NAS problems)...

At least, there's already a ticket in the SqueezeCommander's issue
tracker: :-)
http://www.squeezecommander.com/trac/ticket/4

--
flattermann

Home of 'SqueezeCommander' (http://sqcmdr.flattermann.net) - The
SqueezeBox Remote Control App for Android