Hi all,

Just like to report my findings using Net::UDAP to configure a SBR on a
wired LAN with DHCP-assigned ipaddr to point to the SqueezeNetwork and
stream music from there.

The perl code doesn't seem to work on Mac OS X Leopard. It seems the
discovery mechanism is the problem. Nothing seems to happen when I ran
`discover'. No info messages showing any activity. Also tried running
broadcast_test.pl on OS X but that also didn't work.

However, I tried again from a Windows XP machine and all went smoothly.
To point the SBR to the SqueezeNetworks service I just did a DNS lookup
of www.squeezenetwork.com and used the first ip addr in the result
(66.151.159.227).

In summary, these are the commands I used:

Code:
--------------------

  set interface=1
  set lan_ip_mode=1
  set lan_gateway=192.168.253.254
  set primary_dns=192.168.253.17
  set secondary_dns=210.130.1.1
  set server_address=66.151.159.227
  set squeezecenter_address=66.151.159.227
  save_data
  reset

After that, I was able to see and control the SBR on mysqueezebox.com.
How awesome is that! Thanks very much for the tool.

--
nico