conger Wrote:
> This Sony device certainly looks good.  However, there is no WiFi built
> into it and it relies on their own server SW.  So this does not compete
> with the Roku.  Sony makes great products but absolutely crap SW.  They
> have recently killed off the dreadfull Sonic Stage application.  It
> think this may be another great Sony product ruined by the Sony SW.
> Why do they need their own server SW when they could use iTunes
> directly?  Stupid decision.

I though it did use iTunes - that's what I read from the spec. Perhaps
it needs a server to read the iTunes databse like slimserver. You can
add WiFi with a bridge if you need it. My comments really centred on
the look of the thing, I think it's a much better design. If I hadn't
installed ceiling speakers in my kitchen I would definitely consider
one of these, as it is I'll be putting a wireless SB2 in there
sometime.

Paul

--
CardinalFang