dsdreamer;515376 Wrote:
> I noticed a lot of devices are doing this; my $99 Roku box has Pandora
> and MediaFly on it, which is fine if I want to leave my 40" LCD TV on
> just to stream music. A lot of multi-media boxes, "also do music," but
> not very well. For example, I had a Western Digital TV box that played
> flac and ogg, but sold it when I found out it didn't even manage gapless
> album playback.

I've been noticing this myself.  I think this is an area of competition
for Logitech that will keep them trying to differentiate themselves.
Gapless playback always seems to be at the bottom of the priority list
with media streamers and mp3 players.  Logitech differentiate themselves
here, but the fact is that most people don't care and don't even know
what it is.

Somebody else had an interesting view on this - that devices like this
will bring audio streaming out of its niche status and bring it to the
masses, thus keeping the market viable for Internet Radio stations and
companies like Logitech.

--
maggior

Rich
---------
Setup: 2 SB3s, 4 Booms, 1 duet, 1 receiver.  SuSE 11.0 Server running
SqueezeCenter 7.3.3, MusicIP, and SqueezeSlave.
Current library stats: 30,015 songs, 2,448 albums, 451 artists.
http://www.last.fm/user/maggior