Hmm.  Whatever was or was not communicated, this is precisely what I was
after.  I have a somewhat manual custom process for ripping and encoding
now, and all of my artist directories are indeed named like the "sort
name" coming back from MusicBrainz.  Again, this is so that when looking
at the raw directory (either with `ls`, Nautilus, Explorer, or Browse
Music Folder on my Squeezeboxen) the artists are naturally sorted
properly (e.g. The Clash in the Cs and Tom Waits in the Ws).  If I move
over to using a VB appliance to make all this easier, I would need to
retain this setup.  It sounds like this is possible with a few minor
patches to some tools.

--
eq72521