DSK;519350 Wrote:
> I looked before upgrading to SqueezeBox Server 7.4.1 and it said I was
> on SqueezeCentre 7.4 (dated Feb '09)... I didn't write down the release
> number.
>
> When I get home tonight I'll jot down all my settings then run the
> cleanup to see if it makes any difference ... can't hurt I guess ....
> but I'm quite doubtful that it will help this issue as it seems to be a
> decoding problem and my decoding option selections have not changed in a
> year.
>
> At least once I have written down all the setup options it is easy to
> do a full uninstall and clean install.
>
> The FILE TYPES page really needs some help/explanation attached to it
> as it is not intuitive at all.

Our vague thinking here is that an old convert.conf or similar made for
the 7.3 series may be incompletely migrated to the 7.4 world or
corrupted ? there is differences between some versions of 7.3 and 7.4
regarding hirez transcode and some other things to.

The risk with keeping old settings when migrating is that the
functionality has changed so the old setting makes no sense anymore .

--
Mnyb

Main hifi: SB3 (soon to replaced by a Touch :) It is on preorder)
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Receiver (soon to be replaced by my SB3 and the SBR to be
stuffed in a box in the attic )
I use a Controller various ir-remotes and a Eee-PC with squeezeplay to
control this