bobkoure;521888 Wrote:
> Archos has just announced a couple of Android driven tablets, which have
> much slower processors than the iPad, but will be lots cheaper. They
> already have a 5" tablet. Dell's coming out with a 5" android-driven
> smart phone (the archos tablets are not phones).
> I'm tempted by the Archos gear, but they don't seem to have the buttons
> specified in the Android spec - so one of my excuses for buying one
> (build Android apps) doesn't hold up. Sigh...

The newly announced Archos 7"/8" tablets look nice, but a higher
resolution than 800x480 would really be great. Unfortunately, that's (at
the moment) the maximum resolution officially supported by Android.

One thing that I also do not like with these tables is that they do not
have hard keys for home/menu/back but they display these buttons in the
upper part of the display. It works, but you'll probably waste screen
space for these buttons... :-(

Furthermore, Archos seems to have some problems with its Android base
system. Many users complain about an unresponsive and slow system (at
least for the Android 5").

Looks like a great idea with high potential, but the current
implementation does not meet the user's expectations. :-(

--
flattermann

Home of 'SqueezeCommander' (http://www.squeezecommander.com) - The
SqueezeBox Remote Control App for Android