I use a lot of smart playlists in iTunes and could never get them to
work well with SBS. One way around the problem (ie what I do) is
recreate the smart playlists using Erland's plug-ins. Have a look at
CustomScan (which will import ratings and play counts from iTunes into
SBS), then SQLPlaylist and DynamicPlaylists to recreate Smart Playlists.
There is wiki information on how to do this but if you have any
questions just shout and I'll try to help. It takes a while to
configure, but once it's done then it's as good as iTunes IMHO.

HTH

CW

--
Chunkywizard

*Squeezebox:* Boom x2 (Lounge and Office), Radio (with battery)
*Server:* 7.5.0 for Windows Home Server (HP EX-490 MediaSmart Server)
*Plugins:* Dynamic Playlists 2.8.1 | SQL Playlist 2.5 | Music
Information Screen 4.4.6 | Custom Scan 2.7.4 | TrackStat 2.10 | Album
Review 2.9.0 | Biography 2.9.0
*Remote:* iPod Touch Gen. 1 running 'iPeng'
(http://penguinlovesmusic.de/2008/11/25/ipeng-application-now-on-app-store/)
*Music: *'Last.fm' (http://www.last.fm/user/chunkywizard)