Not directly on the subject I know but has anyone succeeded in getting a
car audio system called Phatbox (Phatnoise is the media software) to
work with a Mac ?

All my music is stored in FLAC format which Phatbox is happy with, but
the Phatnoise software was only aimed at Windows users. Someone has
written a 'Phatmac' version which I've downloaded but that only seems
to want to work with an ITunes library (and Itunes won't support
FLAC).

The only options seem to be to transcode all my FLAC files to something
that both ITunes and Phatnoise likes (so between them that basically
means MP3) or to run a Windows environment on my Mac (which I really
don't wnat to do - migrating to a MAc was all about getting away from
that).

I've tried to access a Phatmac forum but as yet haven't succeeded in
getting registered and it's not a very active site in any case.

Grrrr - everything I try seems to end in more confusion with the
plethora of standards and formats flooding the marketplace - oh for
some universality . . . .  .

Cheers

--
liffy99