Thanks to all for your suggestions. Unfortunately I haven't been able to
solve the problem. I tried concentrating on the iPlayer plugin (1.1.7)
with AAC and 'prefer WMA' the only selections. Squeezeserver reports
connections to the lo-res (48k) feeds and suggests that they play for a
few seconds then stop. On the Boom the display reads 'connecting' then
'stopped.' Annoyingly I can even get 'listen again' on the laptop but I
haven't brought any headphones with me!! I thought it might be a low
bitrate wifi problem but I can connect to US and European stations at
up to 128k. I think it might have to stay a mystery as I go back home
in three days!

--
mberger

7.4.1, 2 x SB3, 1 x Boom