A strange issue suddenly occurred today:

If I pause the music on one of my SB3 (wired) or if I switch that SBS
off, a loud sound, a tone, is heard. If that player is synced to
another player (SBR wirelss), the tone is heard also with that player.

The SB3 in question has the option to use fixed (100%) volume set and
is connected to the amp via an optical cable. The synced SBR has
adjustable volume and is connected to its amp via rca cables.

If I set the volume to be adjustable on the SB3 in question (but keep
the volume at 100%) the issue is gone; no tone is heard.

I have another SB3 (wireless, connected to its pre amp via optical
cable) and just to test I set the volume to fixed for that player, but
the issue did not occur.

I use latest SBS 7.5.1 (r30836) on Win XP.

Any ideas what is suddenly wrong and what to do about it?

If I have to keep the volume adjustable but remember to always set it
to 100%, will the output (via optical cable) to the amp/dac still be
bit perfect?

--
vagskal

2 x SB3 (wired), Receiver (wireless), Boom (wireless), Controller, iPeng
on iPod Touch, muso on remote computer running Win 7 | 7.5.1 on Win XP