erland;563249 Wrote:
> Some additional enhancement requests. I know this list contains stuff
> that won't be implemented for a while and maybe never, I'm just posting
> it to give you some ideas how the application could be improved.
Thanks a lot its always good to get some inspiration - I'll definitely
put it all in the backlog to analyse after the next major feature from
the poll (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=80575) has
been implemented.

I know its hard that in the poll you can only vote for exactly one
feature ... but as I only have two hands its only fair that everyone
has to cope with the tough decision.
At least: as as soon as the most wanted feature is implemented everyone
will be allowed to vote for the second most important feature ;)

Some comments though to some points:
> Is there any chance you can implement support for artist images ?
This will be covered by option #1 "More images of your music
collection" in my poll (my favourite by the way). I use your album flow
applet together with artist images and they are really good indeed.

I somehow dream of an interface like the photos app starting when you
click the album artwork - automatically fetching the Last.FM pictures
of the current artist. Then while you are listening you can explore
great concert pics and other matching fotos.

> Viewing large images through Michael's Picture Gallery plugin doesn't
> seem to work, it's just sitting there and trying to load the image for
> ever. The thumbnails in the parent menu did work.
> [...]
> The "My Apps/Flickr" isn't able to display large images, nothing
> happens when you click on a thumbnail image.

This would also be covered with option #1 from the poll: When I have a
screen to show (many) big pictures I would also show all
'slideshow-menus' in there.
There are some slideshows around here and there in SqueezePlay: in the
Queen App, the Flickr App, your song-info context-menu on SqueezePlay
enters a slideshow and I guess Michael's Picture Gallery is the same
type as well.
Currently all these are just rendered like an album-menu: (too small)
picture left, title right. Tapping currently does nothing.
So vote #1 to see this covered.

> When implementing the context menu, it would be great if it was possible
> to launch it for both artist, album and track on the currently playing
> track.
It's currently implemented to show the playlist context-menu of the
current playing song. All other options were too difficult because of
all the different types of media that could be playing. Using the
playlist context-menu entry is a nice generic solution.

> It would be great to have some quick way to get to the top level menu or
> as an alternative have toolbar buttons to access the most important
> menus but that might clutter the interface a bit.

Long press on the menu-title gets you instantly back to the home menu
(yeah its a bit hidden but covered in all descriptions I wrote). Two
taps away are the artist + album list. One tap away the favourites.
I'm thinking of providing quick links to albums and artist but am yet
afraid to clutter the interface. I just hate buttons around everywhere.
Maybe some small panel which can move in from the bottom on demand.

> The TrackStat menus provides three rows of data, only the two upper rows
> are shown, the play count row is never shown
This would be covered with option #6 from the poll "TrackStat Ratings"

> Ideally, I would like a global search feature accessible from a
> magnifying glass icon somewhere on the screen [...]
vote for #9 "Better Search" :D

> A album wall that displays all albums as small icons, similar as the the
> "Large Artwork" display option in the Albums menu in the SBS web
> interface.
vote for #8 "Album Art Only Screen"

> When long text is displayed it shortens them with a "..." in the middle,
> would be great if there was some way to display the complete text.
Damn - if the iPad was a computer we had tooltips :D
Two other guys already mentioned that they don't like different font
size.
One option would be to provide scrolling textfields everywhere which
would solve these issues. I take your point as one more vote for such a
solution.

Thanks again for all these suggestions !

--
bluegaspode

1x SB-Controller+Receiver (Duet), 1xSB-Boom. 1xSB-Radio
Server (7.5.1) running on SheevaPlug (Ubuntu) with attached Western
Digital MyBook Essential.

Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why
not try my 'Weather Forecast Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73827)
Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my
'Headphone Switcher Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=67139)