Not withstanding the above messages, I wouldn't count out the Receiver
or the Duet (a Duet is a Receiver and Controller sold together).  There
are certainly plenty of us that own receivers - most as Duets, and most
of us are quite happy with these products.  I should point out that the
Controller is a full fledged 2 way 802.11 device in your hand.  It's not
just a simple remote control as some mistakenly assume.

It's true that the Receiver is more complicated to setup since it has
no on screen menu on the Receiver itself, but it certainly can be done.
As pointed out above, you can control all your Squeeze products with the
Controller (if you purchase a Duet or buy it separately). Alternatively
you can also control all of your Squeeze Products via a computer if
you're using SqueezeCenter (which runs on a computer) or via software
that will run on your iPhone or Android device (purchase separately,
but only $10 or less).

And while the iPhone and Android plugins are very cool, an advantage of
the controller is that you can also listen via headphones plugged
directly into your controller which is very cool way to use it.

So bottom line, you have a lot of options.  Pick the one that works
best for your situation.

--
eganders