iPhone;569811 Wrote:
> ...Logitech is getting back to what worked in the beginning for Slim
> Devices as in selling Exclusively from a website?

Personally, I think that selling through Amazon, J&R, Crutchfield, etc.
worked better and was a huge step forward.  I didn't like the fact that
I had to pay full price plus shipping and that I had to wait for a
shipment to arrive from California to New Jersey.  Having the item
available at other retailers also gives exposure - I regularly go to
the Amazon website for books, CD, etc.  I have no reason to frequent
the Logitech website.

As I said earlier, I think there are better ways to handle the
preceived value of the product, like forcing authorized resellers to a
certain price range, but allow small discounts.

--
maggior

Rich
---------
Setup: 2 SB3s, 4 Booms, 1 Duet, 1 Receiver, 1 Touch.  SuSE 11.0 Server
running SqueezeBoxServer 7.5.0, MusicIP, and SqueezeSlave.
Current library stats: 33,060 songs, 2,656 albums, 484 artists.
http://www.last.fm/user/maggior