Wallman;577184 Wrote:
> Is there any way to clear the New Music folder/link that appears in the
> web interface? I have items that are not that new showing up.
The "New Music" listing is based on the File Modified time saved by the
file system. So if you change meta data (or tags) and the app that made
the changes is set to alter the file times, things will start appearing
in there when they aren't "new". The listing works on the newest file
for that particular album. So if one file has been changed recently and
is now seen as being the newest file in the album, that album will
change its position in the New Music list.

It's always a good idea to make your tagging app preserve the time
stamps on files for this very reason. Any good tag editor should let
you do this. I have no idea what Windows Media Player or iTunes does to
tags and time stamps.

--
funkstar

'[project log] funkstars digital lifestyle'
(http://forums.hexus.net/hexus-lifestyle/179882-project-log-funkstars-digital-lifestyle.html)
- 'hexus.community' (http://forums.hexus.net/)

*in use:* *1*x touch, *1*x boom, *2*x sb3, *1*x controller
*in a box:* *1*x radio, *1*x (beta) controller, *1*x receiver, *1*x sb2
wired (silver), *1*x sb (black), *1*x slimp3 (with rear shield)

if you have any others, let me know, i'm interested!!