On 11/07/2010 12:46 AM, eganders wrote:
>> First time I hear about problems with switches - never expected that
>> there could be some probs.
>
> Switches are often one of the last things that users suspect, though
> they can definitely have problems. Even switches from better known
> "quality" vendors.

Yes, they are usually dead reliable, but I had a big power spike or
something that fried two nice switches. They were major brands, i.e.
D-Link or Netgear or Linksys (I don't remember). I just put in a spare,
and ordered new ones from Newegg

I've had an Ethernet network in my house since the early 1990s, and
these were the first hub or switches that I've ever seen fail. But it
can and does happen.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/