This has been discussed numerous times before, although some may have
missed it. Discontinuing the Classic was not entirely a Logitech
decision, as the VF display used is no longer being manufactured. It
was too expensive (the VFD), power hungry and what not. I'm not saying
they would not have replaced the Classic anyway, but as it is now, they
couldn't possibly have continued it. This is just what I've read around
here earlier.

For what it's worth, I'm a big fan of the cool look of the display on
my Boom. It has a serious no-nonsense look and feel to it. I'm not sure
that can be said of the SP generation. Great players, nonetheless.

-Skinny

--
Skinny

This sentence says less than a list of audio equipment.