HeadBanger;603578 Wrote:
> An updated Duet would be the most likely but with people using Android
> and iPhone apps I can't see them developing the existing controller
> much. Perhaps they'll just update the screen to OLED with full 24 bit
> colour?
>
> An updated Receiver with better processing power and 24/96 capabilities
> would be very welcome though.
What I'd really like to see is for Logitech to subsume the Controller
into a next-generation Harmony. I think this would be a great product
for them.

1. Logitech has brand-equity in universal remotes. It's ridiculous to
have to use one remote to optimally control your Receiver and another
to control your stereo (or Logitech-powered speakers).
2. It could have a bigger screen for navigating the Squeezebox
3. Everyone still needs a universal remote with all the IR-controlled
devices they have, so their is still a need for a Harmony-like
product.
4. More and more consumer devices are controlled over the home LAN, so
the great wifi-capability of the Squeezebox controller is almost a
necessity for any Harmony successor
5. Having a headphone jack on the controller is of some utility for the
Squeezebox, but it's great for other devices. For example, if you are
streaming a movie in your bedroom TV/PC/Revue and your wife is trying
to go to sleep, just plug a headphone into the controller, which has
Squeezeplay to listen without disturbing her. Obviously the device
would need to be able to send the audio over the network, but that
doesn't seem impossible. This is a little different than watching the
video on your iPhone.

--
mps