Gatineau Ross;608112 Wrote:
> The last time I spoke with my ISP about the problem I had connecting my
> player to the SBS they reset my network name and the WEP password.
> However unbeknown to me they changed the WEP password from the default
> 128 bit to a 64 bit encryption password and every time thereafter I was
> trying to connect with the SBS using 128 bit encryption and of
> consequently I couldn't get an IP address. The problem was with the
> encryption. Finally got my player connected to the SBS using the 64 bit
> encryption. One last question.
> Is there an advantage or disadvantage using 64 bit over 128 bit
> encryption with the SB player?

Yeah, that helps when the device has the correct encryption passphrase.
;)
It's kind of like trying to use your house key on your neighbors front
door.

Using 64 or 128 have no performance impact on your SB player.  HOWEVER,
using WEP at all is not recommended.  You really should be using WPA2
for your encryption for much better security.
WEP is an easily hacked unsecured protocol.

--
toby10