rayman1701;613508 Wrote:
> I mean really, too much dynamic range, too low a noise floor, really
> that's the best you could come up with for an argument against it?
I think the guy's point (which admittedly he doesn't seem to explain
well enough) is that lowering the noise floor and going beyond the 96
dB dynamic range that redbook now affords, is pointless. At least if
one listens to music with today's gear, in real world listening
environments since neither stress the limits of 16 bit resolution.

--
Pneumonic

Main:

Slim Devices Transporter > Metric Halo ULN8
Modwright Sony SCD 777ES
Sonic Frontiers SFL-2 Preamp
Audio Research Classic 120 Mono Power amps
Martin Logan CLS IIz Speakers