aubuti;614309 Wrote:
> Me too, but I'm a bit puzzled by the leap to 24-bit. I mean, does iTunes
> store even offer anything lossless yet, even in 16-bit?

Worst case scenario is that they are developing some mongrel hirez aac
format ? 24/96 but done with perceptual coding so the filesize is at CD
size or something.

That would surely sound good enough, but leave you with all other
problems a propriatary lossy format has such as cascade coding
artefacts when transcoding etc, problems when migrating the data in the
future.

If they offer exactly whats on the CD people are going to compare with
CD prices.

--
Mnyb

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: SB3 + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad 64gB wifi +3g with iPengHD & SqueezePad