Muele;614481 Wrote:

> If we look back at the rate of release of new products. The next
> product has always been well under development when a product was
> released.(Edit: at least as far back as I know the history og Squeeze.)
> The Touch was greatly delayed, so the HW developers has had lots of time
> finishing their part of the new product(s). I haven't really been
> following beta lately, so I have no idea what big issues could keep the
> new product(s) from appearing (if software is the reason for them not to
> have been released yet).

Logitech has done at least two reorganizations during the development
of Radio and Touch which affected the Squeezebox resources so this
might have slowed down the product development a bit. They might also
have used some of the hardware engineers for the Revue development
which occurred during the same time and probably needs similar skills.

Muele;614481 Wrote:

> I agree with those that think The Boom is next in line to be replaced.
> However, then what about the work being done on "Onebrowser"? wouldn't
> that generally be wasted? Sorry if I overlook something important in
> Onebrowser. As mentioned I haven't been following beta since 7.5.0 or
> 7.5.1

"onebrowser" would still be important unless they plan to drop support
for old products. Since the same mysqueezebox.com is used for both old
and new products, I'm pretty sure dropping support in the server for
everything based on the IP3K platform isn't an option.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))