HeavyB;620204 Wrote:
> U.S. resident is going to be in Spain (in one location) for a little
> over a month and would like to take one of my Booms along to keep me
> company.  I hope to be able to use the local wireless network but will
> bring cable for ethernet in case network setup is dicey.
>
> I see that logitech offers an adapter but there is no image and it is a
> little unclear exactly what is meant by "power plate kit" (sold
> separately).
>
> http://buy.logitech.com/store?Action=DisplayPage&Env=BASE&Locale=en_US&SiteID=logib2c&id=ShoppingCartPage)
>
> I am also considering one of these strips as well.
>
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000784H4K/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=A1SJV7Q7GQM4PE
>
> Any tips, advice, experiences would be most welcome.

It should work, depending on how the network is set up where you are
going to stay. If it requires you to log in each time to access the
Internet, you may be screwed, as you can't enter account credentials
using the Boom. If it is a protected/unprotected WLAN with free
Internet access, you should be fine.

As for power, just get a travel adapter equivalent to
http://cgi.ebay.com/Travel-Changer-Adapter-Plug-US-USA-European-Euro-NEW-/400188683456?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d2d1ab4c0
and you are fine.

The Boom should make a nice companion indeed.

-Skinny

--
Skinny

This sentence says less than a list of audio equipment.