My SP3 has given me sterling service since I bought it a few years ago,
but it seems to have developed a fault that I hope is not terminal.

I had it hooked up to wi-fi, working fine for months and months. Then,
a few weeks back, it would just stop in the middle of a song and then
carry on. It got worse and it started resetting at random times.

I dropped back to a wired connection - no difference in behaviour.

I swapped it out for another SB3 and that worked impeccably on the same
PSU and Cat5.

Put the original SB3 on the PSU of the other working SB3 and now it
just cycles through the SqueezeBox banner, then blank, then banner
again ad infinitum.

I've tried resetting to factory defaults by holding down the ADD key
whilst applying power, but all I see is the banner message struggling
to scroll across the screen.

Any ideas about where to go from here would be great.

1. Fix it.
2. Bin it, buy new equivalent from Amazon £185 :-(
3. Find someone who can fix it, economically.
4. ?????

Cheers

--
Des