Jaicee;626628 Wrote:
> Try the house I'm in at the moment. Not just solid brick between rooms
> but 10"+ of stone. Wifi can be hard to pickup 10 meters away from the
> hotspot in a different room.
>
> Strategically placed repeaters and POE are the only way to get a decent
> signal throughout.
Sounds like you have a real problem there.

By the way, POE is "Power over Ethernet". That is the technique of
providing electrical power to network devices (WAP, router, switch)
using spare conductors in the ethernet cable rather than a separate
power cable.  Used most often in commercial buildings where WAPs are
located above ceilings and in walls where it can reduce cable clutter.

I think you mean "HomePlug" or "Powerline" networking which you could
abbreviate to EOP, "ethernet over power" ;)

--
TheLastMan

Matt
http://www.last.fm/user/MJL-UK
*SqueezeBoxes:* SB Duet (Controller + two receivers)
*Server:* Synology DS107+ NAS (with firmware 2.3-1157) running
Squeezebox Server 7.5.3 on Synology Package Manager
*Network:* Netgear DG834GT ADSL modem/router, 2 x Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 as
access points
*Livingroom:* Receiver into Naim 42/110 amp, B&W CM2 speakers
*Kitchen:* Receiver into Denon DM37 mini-system, B&W 686 speakers
*Study:* Linn LP12, Naim 72/Hi-cap/Headline.