MrSinatra;628152 Wrote:
> the main thing that caught my eye was the app in the video.  if thats
> the kind of app that comes with a receiver, slim's ot some worrying to
> do.

I don't think most hardware buying choices are ultimately swayed by
whether or not a device app is available. Many users find IR remotes or
even using knobs and buttons to be quick and easier for the initial
turn-on and set up when in the room where the equipment is. Gizmo fans
and techies like to play with apps but a large part of the market
prefers simplicity.

Some apps I've seen are like very complex remotes and remind me of MS
or Open Office-type software. 90% of the users use just 10% of the
features and find the presence of the other 90% confusing and
unnecessary.

--
Goodsounds