Yeah - I upgraded to the latest Wordpress release, and it killed my
settings file :(

You make a good point, though.  The reason that I didn't do this is
twofold: The audio quality via AO on my system (lacking Digital
Recording facilities and so affected by a great deal of noise from the
floating microphone input) was so poor that I'd never use it, and
because I didn't feel that this form of low-level OS configuration
should be exposed to (and therefore breakable by!) the Squeezebox
Server user.

Having said all of this, I have only one Squeezebox player - I can see
how you may want each player reading from a different pipe in order to
enable many connected iTunes/iOS clients to be playing different audio
streams to many players, then you would need a change as you
described.

Cheers,

Stuart

--