Ok i have spent some time examining the SBS code, and performed a more
controled Ethereal session.

The SDS code would appear to be event driven and should therefore only
respond to incoming requests either from an SBS device or the webUI.
------------------------------------
Disconectiong The devices:

SBS is quiet until ARP goes stale and it starts an ARP Bcast loop
(enough to keep the ds211 awake I suspect.

Disconect SBS

Devices do multiple req for resend, give up and fall into ARP loop
--------------------------------

On reconection:

ARP exchange happens
And the devices sent TCP to the SBS and do so for ever, once again this
will keep the ds211 awake I susspect

What I dont know is if the ds211 hibernates the disks when there are no
writes and allows network acticity or wants an idle system before
hibernation.

I will run the syno_hibernate_debug_tool overnight with only the SB
devices attached and see what happens

Mike

--
mikep666