OK, OK ... that's possibly a broader question in my case, but I mean as
regards a Squeezebox-based system. All I really want is 2.1 channel
audio through an existing AVR which has both wired and wireless
capability by streaming FLAC audio files and internet radio from and/or
controlled by my laptop to a single room.

I have been through the FAQs and forum posts and I am still somewhat
lost. I don't need or want anything with a speaker and I really think
Squeezebox does way more than I need it to do, but ... I had to ask. Is
there a Squeezebox solution for this config (or do I need a NAS or some
other **** "appliance")??

Thanks!

--
RockinFX