Hiroyuki Wrote:
> Munge,
>
> Currently there is a bug with the SB2 using the Apple lossless.  It
> cuts off the beginning of each songs slightly.  Sometimes you will
> notice that by listening to the beginning of the songs but that's
> rare.  The most problematic thing with that is when you are listening
>
> to a continuous live recording CDs or any continuous recordings, you
> will notice the gap between songs.  It gives you slight clicking
> sound between the songs.  I have a lot of Apple lossless files myself
>
> and I'm hoping that the issue will be solved soon.
>
> Best,
>
> Hiroyuki
> On Sep 19, 2005, at 8:58 AM, Munge wrote:

well, you are in luck my friend, as i have FINALLY figured out the
solution to our problem.

after about 6 months of effort and going back and forth with tech
support, i now have flawless apple lossless playback. the key is to
first go into the server options under file type. there you will see
the three apple lossless checkboxes, one for AIFF, one for FLAC and one
for MP3. the first two must be unchecked leaving just the apple->MP3
option checked.

next go to player settings and go to audio. the last option, bitrate
limit, should be set to no limit so the apple lossless files will be
streamed as uncompressed pcm. this has resulted in not having that
pause in the beginning of each song that has caused me to nearly go
crazy over the past 6 months. let me know if it works for you, it sure
did for me!!!

--
indianajones