yes, it is supposed to be, and for some (many) it may be.

But in the end, it is Linux, and a very specific version of Linux
without the full GUI most distros of Linux have today. So if you have
any issues you start needing to use Putty to login and write command
line code.

I switched over my WHS system to Vortexbox about a week ago.Had several
issues with SBS not working correctly, and the backup function not
working.

All were resolved, with reinstalls/updates, help from the VB forum, and
some logins and code writing with Putty. Definitely not for the true
novice. If it works great for you, I'm happy. But just take a brief
stroll through the VB forum and you'll see all the answers that say,
"logon to your VB server (putty) and use the following code..."

And just as a side comment, Logitech support doesn't support installs
of SBS on Linux boxes (even though SBS works fine on it). They politely
told me so and refused to help when my VB had a problem with some of the
functionality of the SBS not working.

BTW, now that I have everything working, I'm happy with VB and plan to
keep using it.

The SBS web interface  and my Touch work just as they did with SBS on
Windows. No difference in performance or features.

--
firedog

GIK Acoustics Room Treatments. Tranquil PC fanless server running
Vortexbox OS; SB Touch slaved to Empirical Audio Pace Car; MF X-DACV3,
MF X-150 amp, Devore Gibbon Super 8 Speakers; Dual 506 + Ortofon 20
(occasional use); sometimes use PC with M-Audio 192 as digital source.
SB Boom in second room. Arcam CD82 which I don't use anymore, even
though it's a very good player.