franklyfred;638599 Wrote:
> Everything seemed good. Turned everything off went to work squeezeboxes
> plugged in but off laptop off router on. Can home touch only had three
> items on the screen "settings and two others when turned on" forgot the
> other two. Unplugged the touch and plugged back in all menu items came
> up on the screen. Internet worked perfect. Turned on Radio tried to get
> some music and internet radio to work, streamed for a few seconds and
> that was it.Radio really balky. Went thru the whole reboot setup again
> everything works fine except the radio balky doesn't want to play
> anything.Any more ideas? Fred

Hmmm. Sorry to hear, f-fred, that things are still not right. What you
describe could be more than a problem of double IPs; it may be that
there is still some other problem - which may, perhaps, even have led
to the double IP symptom in the first place.  Fred, I'm not a
squeezebox expert, I'm just reasonably comfortable with networking
aspects; I only have receivers, but I do use them on wireless. We're
going to need some more help from others, especially people better
informed on Touch and on Radio.

Since you repeated the start up sequence, I think we can make an
assumption that the underlying IPs are ok - nothing has complained
about duplicates.  Problems lie elsewhere.  I think there might be wifi
problems, and I think another poster's suggestion of resetting the Radio
might be needed. In general, I prefer not to do that because any
'personal' settings you have entered will be lost.  But, if there
aren't any personal settings, or you don't mind losing them, then
restting the Radio might be a good move.

If you hadn't said anything about the Touch, I would have immediately
suspected the possibility of interference on WiFi.  There may still be
interference, affecting the Radio (and I want to ask about that in a
moment), but that doesn't explain why the Touch indicated some strange
- to you - status, but I can't deduce anything from that because I
don't know what it should be showing in these states when your laptop
is off, and just restarted, etc.  Could someone else comment on what
the Touch might be doing?

Fred, could you recap exactly what your setup is, so that we can
understand the service delivery?  I think you have:

Router, with ethernet and wifi
Do you have any switches or hubs in the network, with other devices
connected to them?
Laptop, with ethernet(?), and running SBS server(?)
Do you have any other computers or devices connected to the router?
Touch, connected to the router via ethernet
Radio, connected via wifi
How far is the Radio from the router?
What are any intervening walls, floors, constructed with?
What does the SBS system say that the received signal strength on the
Radio is?

What are the working states that you have, for example:
Can the laptop reach internet ok?
Can it do so when Touch is switched on?
Can it do so when Touch and Radio are switched on?
When only laptop and Touch are on, can Touch play from my music?
When only laptop and Touch are on, can Touch play from
mysqueezebox.com?

Now, thinking about the possible wifi interference that might lie
behind the Radio problems, what you describe is consistent with a new,
recent, source of interference, such as a neighbour wifi signal, or
even a new domestic equipment, creating some interference.
Have you installed a new microwave, for example, or anything, somewhere
near the Radio?
Thinking about the wireless activity in the area, is the router or
Radio within, say, 50 metres of any other premises (above, below,
sideways, whatever)?  If not, then wifi interference is unlikely, and
the problem will lie elsewhere.
Does the laptop have wifi? Is it active and connected to anything, for
example, to your router, or to another external wifi network (by
accident, perhaps)?
If your laptop is (normally) connected with ethernet, make sure that
the wifi system on the laptop is switched OFF, and redo the setup, and
see if the problems go away.
Are you using Bluetooth on the laptop?
How many cell phones are there near the radio, that have bluetooth
active?
Does the problem go away if the cell phones are switched off?

Fred, sorry not to be able to conjure an instant solution, but some
extra circumstantial info will help us solve it.  I'm sorry it seems
such a lot of questions, but there are a number of possible causes of
which we'll be able to rule some out.

And I do hope that folks knowledgeable about the Touch and Radio
systems can chime in, here.

regards, Atlantic

--
Atlantic