max.spicer wrote:
I've got a list of tracks that I'd like to own, but don't necessarily
like the artists enough to go out and by the relevant albums (yet).

I can't help you if you've got a list of specific tracks by artists on RIAA labels. But if you're looking for a good way to obtain MP3, FLAC and other digital music files without DRM, and with very liberal copying and usage rules, check out Magnatune (www.magnatune.com).

They're *not* a music service like iTunes or emusic. They're an independent record label, that happens to do business very differently than most.

You will *not* find well-known acts on Magnatune, as they can only sign new artists that haven't already signed away their souls to a regular label.

Sure, a lot of what Magnatune has doesn't really interest me, but that's just as true (if not more so) for the big, evil RIAA labels. But you probably will find *something* you like.

Phil