Pascal Hibon;641446 Wrote:
> Yes I’m using the TC as a DAC for my SB3.
> The TC is a professional device that has very high headroom. Distortion
> is maybe not the correct wording. It is difficult to describe; maybe
> saturation is a better word. Vocals are usually the material where this
> ‘saturation’ is easiest to hear when it happens.
>
> I’m struck by the fact that the signal output of the SPDIF is so high
> (with some songs). I’ll try to compare them with the original CD
> connected to the TC to investigate if there is a signal strength
> difference.

Yes but what is the TC feeding its analogue output into? (I'm familiar
with TC gear). Do you have all of the DSP functions of the TC (like the
limiter etc) turned off?

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103
- full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5),
Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Belden Digital,Kimber
8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.