had a lightning storm this afternoon that freaked out some of my
networking and my original SliMP3 from nearly a decade ago looks like a
casualty.

It's stuck on "Initializing..." which from my searches indicated a
flaked out microcontroller.  All previous events like these were
handled by slimdevices sending a replacement controller chip.
Unfortunately those were done many years ago prior to the Logitech
sale.  I'm not going to punish myself by even attempting to call
Logitech about a replacement chip.

Am open to any other ideas and would gladly pay a repair fee to get it
going again.

--
twylie

Synology DS-1010+ -> transporter -> Krell KRC2 -> Classe CAM 350s -> Von
Schweikert VR-4 Gen III
Thecus N5200 -> SB3 -> Mark Levinson 380 -> nuforce 8Bs -> Audio Physic
Sparks
Thecus N5200 -> SB3 -> Russound CAV6.6 and CAM6.6 -> whole house audio
Thecus N5200 -> SliMP3 as a desk clock/thermometer :-)