servies;643914 Wrote:
> Ok, I was under the impression that with the playback volume set to 100%
> there was no room for replaygain to make it louder...

Just to reiterate, RG tries to make everything the same level (usually
89dB)... and that happens BEFORE the digital volume control - which can
only make things quieter -  is applied, not after.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103
- full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5),
Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Belden Digital,Kimber
8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.