pippin;644706 Wrote:
> You can't replace IR remotes with Apps. An App is not responsive
> enough.
> The Apps excel at more complex tasks (browsing stuff, searching) but
> they are an epic fail if you look at your TV screen and just want to
> get rid of a lousy commercial ASAP since you first have to unlock your
> device, connect to Wifi... you get the point.

+100

I know lots of people with Harmony One's and wild horses wouldn't get
them to replace the instant response of hard buttons (which you can use
WITHOUT LOOKING at the device and taking your eyes off the TV/movie
screen) with an "App" of any sort.

The two are simply chalk and cheese...

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103
- full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5),
Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Belden Digital,Kimber
8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.