Here's an extract of a reply I got from Customer Support:

'Thank you for your e-mail.
We are investigating the exact causes of the disconnection.
However, we have found a work-around.
Many routers randomly change the channel in varying intervals.
The reasoning behind this is that the random channels will decrease
potential interference, and therefore increase network speed.
We found that by disabling this ability in the router settings, the
issue is "solved".
Now, ideally, you shouldn't have to change the router-setting in order
to make the Squeezebox work, so here at Logitech, we are trying to work
out why this happens. At some point new firmware will be released
dealing with the issue.
In the mean time,.. the work-around I suggested should fix the issue
you have.
Unfortunately, I can't advice you exactly where in the router this
setting can be found, as it changes from manufacturer to
manufacturer.'

I assume they are referring to automatic channel selection?  Mine's set
to manual, so there's another theory down the drain!

--
castalla