pski;655311 Wrote:
> Mostly, if what you say is true, certain artwork was not an issue
> earlier so I'm not sure why it would be now.

Well beside the shift to use SQLite for artwork handling; there were
also code changes made about a year back.
Andy's details here
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82087

All the changes gave a massive scan performance boost in my setup. You
can see my result in post 6 and remember at that time the SQLite
artwork handling had been around for a while; so the improvement that I
report is only for the code changes.

Anyway the changes also seems to have made it more sensible to various
dodgy issues that worked before; some caused the scanner to silently
chrash and/or seems to run forever

I tried to compile a small report here
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=653428&postcount=16

--
slate

Main: Receiver (Audiocom) -> Beresford Caiman+ (Gatorized) -> Carver
A-500x -> B&W 704
Office: Receiver -> Luxman L-210 -> Stax SR84 Pro/Superlux HD668B
Server: Zotac IONITX-A, 4 GB, 1 TB WD EADS, Win7 w. 7.6 (SQLite w. High
Mem)
Tied together by D-Link DIR-655 + DGS-1008D