I recall a time when my squeezeboxes played aac files gapless.
Unfortunately I can't recall with which version of SqueezeboxServer...

Today, using version both 7.5.5 and 7.6.1 on ubuntu, aac files do not
play gapless on my SB3, Radio and Boom.

My tests:

I took 2 aac files and played them with winamp and vlc on windows 7.
The files play gapless.

I decoded the 2 files on ubuntu using 'faad -w filename.aac >
filename.wav' and played those with winamp and vlc on windows 7. They
do NOT play gapless.

So FAAD doesn't seem to decode the files properly.

AAC files where created by iTunes (ripped from my CD).

I know FAAD is used to play aac files because I can see the FAAD
process being started on the ubuntu machine. By the way, FAAD is
version 2.7 build on april 14 2010.

I can't find a definitive answer in the wiki (or with a search on this
forum) if my players are supposed to play aac natively or if they need
transcoding.

My questions:

1. Which players can play aac natively AND gapless
2. Should aac play gapless when being transcoded?

--
MikeDelta

2xSB3, 1xBoom, 1xRadio and a Ubuntu FileServer with SBS.